Sunday, June 18, 2006

...and the dance begins...

So I've been reading my book, "Ask and it is Given" and trying to apply the principles, and I must say that it is hard. I mean..come on!..when you ask me to stop being depressed and anxious all the time you are really raining on my parade! How else am I supposed to be???

But okay. I am up for the challenge..however long it may last..and therein stands the reason for this blog..because like many people, I start out all gang-busters and eventually peter out into nothing..nada.. So I needed to do this..to stay focused because that's the only chance I've got to see results.

..oh, and positivity, too. Let's not forget that. I'm supposed to be positive in light of my present circumstances. Geez, that's like dreaming of living in Hawaii in the middle of a war. Not too easy to do..but I'll try.

My number one intention at the moment is to drive..so let's focus on that, shall we? I used to want to drive a Jeep Cherokee..and when that gave way to a Liberty (because they stopped making Cherokees) I was set to go. But as Abraham mentions in his book, we are continually creating new desires within us..finding out what inspires us..and once I discovered that it wasn't practical (or as reliable) to own a Jeep, my focus shifted to something "better"..thus my desire for a Honda CRV, instead..

..because it's less "cute" than the RAV4, but no less reliable. Gotta love it.

It's in the color of Redondo Red Pearl..and if I'm not mistaken, that is somewhat maroonish, which I love..knowing how I love the "red family".

Now, I've been imagining that it's sitting out front in the driveway..just sitting there in case I need it. I've also been "driving" it around town. Isn't it amazing how your mind can just make things so easy??? (and often so hard, too?) I haven't gotten into an accident, yet! Of course, my hope is that I don't, which is why I am trying not to invite that scenario into my thinking.

So I'm zipping around town..and better yet, I am going places! Yeah, ME!!..happily driving in my car and going to Denise's and Marie's..and of course, all the way upstate to Christine's, because that's important. Why's it important, you ask? Because my life is up there..somewhere in the Capital-Saratoga region..possibly in Saratoga, itself..and in order for me to realize that life, I have to get up there, know what I mean?

..even if it is in an imaginery car..

The reason why I am picking upstate is because I am not emotionally ready yet to pick Colorado and be that far away from family. Plus, if I lived in Saratoga I wouldn't be too far from Christine (or anyone else for that matter). Thirdly, Vermont is only an hour or so away..and that's important, too..because I plan to own a vacation home there some day.

So many dreams, so little time.

..but getting back to my car. I think I let it sit long enough today. Think I'll go for a drive. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home